The American Association of University Women – AAUW – advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. Why So Few -WSF is an action research group to go beyond the Expanding Your Horizons Conference – EYH – and break the barrier for girls entry into STEM connected careers. This forum is for those concerned about education, and who just want to talk and think together. Interested members will learn how to create a blog to record ideas. The focus ideas from the first meeting produced our helping hand.
Our goal is to read the AAUW Book, “Why So Few” and imagine what we can do to implement solutions in the Houston area. We would like to support the participants in the Expanding Your Horizons Conference to continue learning beyond this powerful day of STEM hands-on presentations. The book and other details are located at www.aauw.org/learn/research/whysofew.cfm.
We will meet once a month F2F on the 4th Monday each month at 7:00 or members can participate in the virtual world. Please see the AAUW – West Harris County Website for more details. To contact a committee member, please see the AAUW directory.
- Arlene B. – Social Work * U. of T., U. of H.
- Betsy D. – Health & Safety Mgmt * Tulane, Arkansas State
- Carolyn M. – Education * Emporia State
- Diana G – Education * U. of H., Ohio U..
- Diane S. – Finance * U. of H.
- Ellie M. – Education * U. of T., U. of H.
- Karen N. – Education * U. of T., U. of H.
- Lynn H.- Nursing * U. of T., Texas Women’s
- Margaret C. – Math, Vanderbilt
- Margaret P. – English * Ohio State
- Pamela O. – Education *
- Pat F. – Library Science * Sam Houston, U. of H.
- Pat P. – Science * U. of Toledo
- Rose E. – Education * U. of H.
- Roslyn M. – U. of Arizona
- Susan B. – Education * U. of T.